Maple Leaf 2

Monday evening saw me finish my Autumn Waterfall quilt top and I pulled my Maple Leaf out of the carrier bag into which it had been stuffed unceremoniously.

Grrrrr… No russet-coloured material to finish off one leaf set. So I pulled out the Strawberry Fayre samples I had received 2 weeks prior and starting auditioning brown fabrics. Suitable substitute found and order placed. With more fabric ordered, I decided to start on a new leaf set. Squares of background and leaf fabrics cut, but miscounted leaf squares – I had cut 9, not the 12 required!

Next I turned to the HSTs (half square triangles). 2nd grrrrr moment of the evening, I couldn’t remember how big the initial squares should be so I tried to measure one of the pieced HSTs. Ended up cutting the HSTs too big and trimmed them down too small. Lesson = don’t attempt maths when tired!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: